Salam readers..

This blog is my personal collection of recipes.. I learnt cooking when i was about 13 or 14 yrs old from my lovely mummy.. I started with writing the recipes in a school notebook yg kotak2 utk maths tu.. I dont even remember where I put that book dah hehe.. Then I translated (eng > bm), typed, printed and filed them for easy reference for our house helpers.. This file has been in my mummy's kitchen for a longgggg time..

Now that I'm married, I've learnt some new recipes obtained from the internet, whc I tweaked to suit our tastebuds.. So kira internet recipes tu dah modified to our own liking la.. And of course I'm also learning new recipes from my MIL too.. Apart from my mum, my MIL and the Internet, I will also feature recipes sent by my friends here.. ^_^

Most of the recipes in this blog are very simple to cook, very suitable for us women who doesnt really have the luxury of time to cook an elaborated meal.. Sekali sekala ok la kan..

I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy sharing the recipes with you.. Happy trying! Happy cooking!

Wednesday, November 10

::lemony & gingerly baked siakap::


healthy diet continues.. hehehe.. today teringin nk mkn ikan coz rasa mcm da lama sgt tak mkn ikan.. so i bought siakap kat jusco supermarket (sbb dkt dgn ofc hehe).. usually bila beli ikan kat pasar, they wud siang the fish and de-scale it.. tp kat jusco ni dia buang perut jer.. so tpaksa la buang the scales myself.. haishhhh, buang masa org ar jusco ni.. hihihi.. ok, u might notice knp siakap aina ni takde rupa siakap ni??? tats because we actually fillet kan the siakap ourselves.. well, actually ajoy yg tolong filletkan the fish.. hehehehe terrer tak suami sy.. ;)

there's also another reason why i used quite a lot of ginger in my cooking lately.. because i learnt tat consuming ginger pun bole loose weight!! i think it is largely because we're getting rid of angin2 dlm bdn kita yg buat kita nmpk bloated tu kan.. eh byk lak bebel.. here's d recipe!

{bahan2}

siakap - 1 ekor, fillet, buang tulang, clean

blend:
~ ginger - 2 inches 
~ garlic (i used roasted garlic) - 2 teaspoons/1 big clove
~ big onion - 1/2 of the onion
~ black pepper - 1 teaspoon
~ lemon juice - 1 whole lemon
~ salt - 1 1/2 teaspoons
~ sugar - 2 teaspoons 
~ seasoning - dash (optional)
~ cayenne pepper - dash (optional)
~ olive oil - 1/2 tablespoon (optional)

{cara2}

1) blend all the blended ingredients

2) line the baking dish with olive oil if u want.. place the fillet of siakaps.. 

3) pour all the blended ingredients on top of the fish and about 4 tablespoons of water

4) if u want, cover the baking dish.. but i find that the fish cooks a lil too slow when i did.. 

5) bake the fish in the oven for 40mins, about 20mins each side of the fish.. or just check if the fish is cooked from time to time..

6) when they're done, serve them with the remaining of the sauce from the baking dish and yr choice of steamed vege or salad.. enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment